Every time there is an arrival of a new camera feature or the launch of a new camera model, photographers everywhere shift to the edge of their seats, with anticipation and elation.
To give you guys, new updates on what’s happening in the tech world, we bring to you analyses of latest cameras and smartphones and the features they offer.
So here’s an overlook of a new smartphone, the Google Pixel 2 and the exciting new camera features it is promising.
The new Google Pixel 2 has a bit of surprise for every photography enthusiast. Following the launch of its first model Pixel, Google recently announced Pixel 2, in the form of two models; a 5-inch Pixel 2 version and the 6-inch Pixel XL 2. Power-packed with impressive attributes including increased battery life and an ultra-vivid OLED display, it’s the camera features of this phone which have managed to create quite the buzz in the circuit. Awarded with the highest ever DxO score of 98, Google Pixel 2 managed to outdo even the iPhone 8 which was scored at 94.
- Even though it boasts of a single front camera (8 megapixels), Pixel 2 has managed to revolutionize photographing with a 12-megapixel rear camera with an aperture of f/1.8. Sporting a rare feature, the Google Pixel 2 shoots in burst mode, producing multiple images at once and then computing them into one photo which incorporates the optimum hues and effects.
- There are majorly two new things that you will find interesting- improved Dual Pixel Autofocus to reduce possibilities of blurry pictures and a new Portrait Mode.
- The portrait mode, in contrast to the currently trending dual cameras, captures two perspectives from a single camera for depth detection. Furthermore, the portrait mode is also available in the secondary camera setting to help you create beautiful selfies. The autofocus is said to be better than most other smartphones and can reportedly even refocus to as much as 16ms.
- Now, another thing that seems extremely cool is how they have “fused” Optical image stabilization with electronic video stabilization in videography. This results in reduced motion blur even in low light, allowing you to capture clarity and precision in motion.
- As mentioned above, these new models boast of an ultra-vivid OLED display, in which the pixels can be separately turned on or off, which gives a 100,000-to-1 contrast ratio that’s 10x better than other smartphones in this class.
- Apart from hard-core tech aspects that make you go “Wow!” other exciting additions include voice initiation for front camera by saying “take a selfie”, super-fast charging, dust and water resistance, and unlimited cloud storage for your never-ending images.
So there you go guys! Here was another fascinating smartphone camera in the market- get your hands on it if you can, and click clear and perfect pictures with just your smartphone!!
Stay tuned with www.worldphotographersclub.com for more articles and blogs about photography.
Image Credits - https://store.google.com
Written by Smriti Rajiv Sharma