We’ve discussed a lot of photography styles but what we haven’t talked about is how different kinds of photography has affected us and the world around…
Today, we’ll talk about how mobile photography has changed this wide field of photography and after reading and getting a wide perspective about the same, I won’t see the world the same way again.
Credits: Annie Spratt
Mobile phones came in our life when there were still cameras still available and widely used in our community and everywhere else. We used cameras to click pictures, get them developed and then save them in an album; mobiles were used to make calls and send texts. Then came and started the era of mobile phones with a camera and started mobile photography, which to this day is only growing day-by-day.
Mobile photography changed our lives and the lives of professional photographers. It first came as simply a source of entertainment, then as a hobby then became a passion for some people, and now, it is altogether a different profession which people are paid for. Mobile photographers are now considered professional because of all the extra added features and the mobile compatible applications available to common man.
Mobile photography has, in fact, changed the way the world sees a picture. It has become hard to tell if a picture you’re viewing is actually clicked or modified on a computer. Also, there are several additions made to a mobile phone camera so that people can take mobile photography to the next level, they are called – “Add-on mobile Lenses”. People use these lenses, more like mini professional lenses, that are easy to attach on a mobile camera and provide us with some next level clicks. It’s like carrying a professional camera in your pocket.
Credits: Dung Tran Viet
Here are some ways in which mobile photography is changing the way we see photography:-
1. People don’t use the original idea of a camera – the Still camera, anymore.
2. People don’t get their pictures developed on a piece of paper so as to save them as a memory.
3. People click pictures to impress others and change it effectively, instead of clicking it to save as a memoir.
4. It has a con that not the people are more engrossed in their gadgets or in clicking selfies that they are getting more away from nature.
5. They are not doing any good to Street Photography because all you see is people looking down at their Smartphones and there is no real action to photograph.
6. Uploading these mobile clicked pictures on the internet is easy and reliable and also serves a purpose for book, magazine, newspaper, etc… editors and writers in getting a new perspective on things.
7. Now all people use is pictures to tell people about how they feel and what they are doing with their time in different places and learn about other people’s life instead of contacting them via a phone call.
8. Mobile photography is declining human contact.
9. I do agree that it is making people get in touch and explore their creative side.
10. They are making people aware of all the positives & negatives of the society.
Credits: James Sutton
Mobile photography is changing our society in different and unimaginable ways and it is affecting all of us in ways we can’t even comprehend to describe. Some of them are good and some of them are bad, but we have to accept it with open arms and an open mind.
For more information on Photos & Photography, visit www.worldphotohraphersclub.com
For more such Blogs & Articles, also visit www.worldphotographersclub.com and its pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.