Are you guys worried about how to price yourself right? And feel underpaid or exploited? Anyone who is into the field of event photography must know a few things. Event photography requires a very different style and approach towards skills and pieces of equipment.
You have to navigate huge crowds, be extremely professional to tantrums, and remain calm to the corporate needs. A package of event photography per slot should be built across the following points:
- Time invested
- L/abour input
- Knowledge and skills returns
- Post shoot process investment
- And personal profit
Apart from this, you need to rate yourself hourly as well. Remember, if your client can pay you enough, they are worth the mental anguish. It is pretty simple to understand the practicality here. If the pocket weighs, the tantrum slays.
There is a lot of side hustle that goes into one shoot. The office rent, the basic necessities, holding up a crew, and travel expenses as well.
Now to break down the event as per your skill set we have a breakout of payment designed especially for you!
- Student level: INR 5000/- to INR 10000/-
- And for someone who is an entry level event photographer: INR 12000/- to INR 20000/-
- An expert event photographer: INR 20000/- to INR 50000/-
Now, some important points to notice here are:
- Always have an MOU prepared beforehand
- Discuss the pricing and addons before the shoot day
- Be confident in what you can do. Things will fall into place. Remember that no job is worth your mental health and self respect.
With this, we come to an end on how to price yourself according to the event. Let us know some of the tips you follow. Until then, click away my friend.